not sure why

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Of proper exam preperation the Chris Humphries way and re-mixing midi files.

Oh, Shit, Exams! You may have been tempted to say last week or the one before. I felt a small dread myself, but didn't let it hold me back. The day before my english exam I went downtown with my friend Alia and say Alice in Wonderland played to Pink Floyd. It matches well in some spots. We then became intoxicated and watched Labrynth at her humble abode with our friend Julian, a bar-tender. We became even more intoxicated before leaving, but as we rode the bus home Jules told me an anecdote about the time I had forgotten my briefcase. Relevence was in the air as we realized I had done it again! Departing the bus, I booked it back to our stop. The cold journey took ten minutes and arriving, found three young men exploring my case.

----Intermission----

I recommend Hamlet the Lego Musical whole-heartedly... except episode 1. Episode two pretty much fires all their rockets at once and explodes into space right away, so maybe don't even watch the first one. The producers maintain a quick pace and don't bog the tale down with indulgances. I give it a 'delicious fantastico'.
----And now back to the story...----


"That's my case", I said the best I could with little air in my lungs. Promptly they replaced the contents and returned it. As we waited for another bus, one of them said to me, "Labrynth is one of my favourite movies", the film being in the case along with a short story collection called Labrynths by Jorge Loui Borges. This began a discussion where I learned they to we intoxicated and going hom to become more so. Possesing a surplus of beer, they invited me along.

Reloading the bus, the driver questioned the transfer I showed him. My explanation of lost briefcase didn't seem to be enough, but with the help of my new commrades, I was allowed on and the evening once again broke out into intoxication and watching Labrynth. Waking the next morning, I said goodbye to the only other person capable of consciousness and arrived home with time to clean up.

Writing the exam, I produced two complete drafts of my essay; the second a document I was quite pleased with and proud of. This is proper exam preperation the Chris Humphries way.

Attempting to get a midi file to play on my iPod I dragged it to Garage Band and it sliced the file into the original components the best it could. I fooled around with Time Scar from Chrono Cross for a while and this is what I produced:

http://chrishumphries.ca/extra/Time Scar Re-Mix.m4a
(You may have to right-click to get it. If you're using safari you'll then might want to remove the .txt file extension this challenged browser likes to add to files).

Give it a shot. It's alot easier then composeing from scratch.
~ Chris H.

Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home